Re: Meta-gnome3 dependency on xul-ext-adblock-plus (Bug #689858)

Hello,

I also think that Adblock should not been dependent from Gnome package, nor already pre-activated with ads filtering, and should be uninstallable directly in Iceweasel, which is not the case for the moment...

I made one month ago a very detailed argumentation on Bug #693160 (it can be considered as duplicate of 689858), with some questions regarding filter list or ways to suppress it, but got absolutely no answer from Debian developers:

There are IMHO technical, philosophical and economical reasons to not put ABP working by default and let the user choice what he prefers.

Thanks and best regards,

Xavier Guillot