Re: getting rid of the gnome-shell network-manager dependency

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 12:40:45PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> I'm a little confused by this ... since this fix seems to be in NM,
> does this mean that network-manager still needs to be installed, but
> can not be running?

You do not need to have network-manager installed.  But the source package
creates libnm-glib4, which you do need for gnome-shell.  The bug that led to
the crashes was in recent changes made to that library.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyväskylä, Finland
http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/newblog/