Updating GTK+2 in Lenny

(sorry if it comes duplicated)

Hello,

A quick question.

Since Firefox/Thunderbird 17.x releases now it's required GTK+2 >2.18¹ so
for those still running the "olstable" flavour (Lenny) this is a problem
as it comes with GTK+2 2.12.

I've found an updated GTK+2 from the backports archive² with these two
packages (required to update Mozilla programs):

libgtk2.0-0 2.18.6-1~bpo-50+1
gtk2-engines-pixbuf 2.18.6-1~bpo-50+1

Would there be any problem in getting just these two and keep the rest of
the libraries at 2.12 (that is, mixing GTK+2 versions)? I just did it
under a VM and all seemed to be fine but I prefer to ask the masters.

¹http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/17.0/system-requirements/
²http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-backports/20120324T214345Z/pool/main/g/gtk%2B2.0/

Greetings,

--