Re: stop gnome3 from auto-mounting usb devices?

On 18.01.2012 10:37, Miles Bader wrote:
> How can I stop gnome 3 from auto-mounting USB devices when they are
> inserted?  [e.g. I plug my ipod into the computer with a USB cable]
>
> This didn't happen before I upgraded to gnome 3, and gnome is popping up
> a big dialog asking what want to do, so I guess it has something to do
> with gnome3.
>
> [I never want anything auto-mounted, ever.]

$ gsettings list-recursively | grep mount
org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount true
org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount-open false

$ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount false

If you want to hide/ignore particular devices/partitions, you can do
that via udev rules, e.g. I have:
$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/99-hide-partitions.rules
KERNEL=="sda1",ENV{UDISKS_PRESENTATION_HIDE}="1"

You can use arbitrary rules to refine the match for the device.

universe are pointed away from Earth?