Re: gnome 3 minimize button (etc)

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
>> What's convincing?  I mean, maximize isn't too much of an issue --
>> double-clicking on the title bar seems reasonably convenient and
>> intuitive -- but making minimize inconvenient _is_ an issue, especially
>> since there doesn't seem to be a good reason for doing so.
>
> With GNOME Shell there’s nowhere to minimize the window too. It would
> just make it disappear, which would be nonsense.

Hm, ok, so you're saying "with gnome shell".

I probably won't want to use gnome shell anyway, so I guess that's not
such a problem.

Anyway, my original question was about metacity:  will it still have the
buttons?

If MC continues to have the buttons, then that will be a good
alternative for people that don't like the new paradigm.

> Don’t try to apply the GNOME 2 paradigm to GNOME 3, it’s just different.
> You can like it or not, but know what you’re talking about before
> calling people insane.

I wasn't really calling them insane, I was saying that was the general
tone of web-scuttlebutt about this change ("There's a lot of talk
recently about the gnome devs going insane and removing the minimize and
maximize buttons in gnome 3.").

-Miles

--
(\(\