Re: gnome 3 minimize button (etc)

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:

>>> Thats a matter of opinion.
>>
>> They just changed the default way to do it, and they didn't remove the
>> possibility to revert the change. And having used it for a few days, I
>> must say it's quite convincing.
>
> What's convincing?

The usage model. I was a heavy minimize user, but decided to try the new
way when I discovered that min/max had disappeared. And yes I find it
more efficient (which is my own opinion which you are perfectly entitled
to disagree with)

> I mean, maximize isn't too much of an issue -- double-clicking on the
> title bar seems reasonably convenient and intuitive -- but making
> minimize inconvenient _is_ an issue, especially since there doesn't
> seem to be a good reason for doing so.

There are multiple good reasons, all easily found on gnome mailing
lists and/or blog.

Furthermore, it's just a modification of the default configuration,
which you can easily tweak if you don't like it. Remember it's just
gnome 3.0, more a demonstration of what is to come than a final
product. Those changes have been tested on a limited number of users who
adapted, but they can be reverted and/or adapted for 3.2 or 3.4 if found
to cause more problems than they solve.

HTH,
--
Rémi