Re: Sudo mode and policykit

Le jeudi 25 mars 2010 à 21:21 -0300, Margarita Manterola a écrit :
> The amount of groups that a users needs to belong to in order to get
> the best experience from their computer is growing and growing.  This
> wouldn't be a problem, if there wasn't a bug with nfs related to
> having more than 16 groups [2].

In squeeze, with consolekit installed, a lot of groups are made
obsolete: audio, netdev, powerdev, plugdev, video (modulo a number of
buggy packages remaining), probably bluetooth. In the end, floppy and
cdrom could go away as well. We are actually improving in this
direction.

Maybe we can also jump on the occasion to remove them from user-setup at
this time.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette