Re: Recent upgrade in Lenny botched CJK fonts

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 09:34 +0100, Thomas PARIS wrote:
> On Mon Dec  8 at 14:20 (+0100), Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > If some CJK fonts are missing on your system, you should simply install
> > the corresponding ttf-* font packages.
>
> But they're not missing: I used to have Japanese characters in my apps
> and now only get character codes instead (true also with other non-latin
> characters).  Besides, I can still see the fonts in font selecting apps,
> so there really is no doubt they're installed.  They just seem to be
> invisible to apps needing them.
>
> Just haven't had time to dig into this and try and understand exactly
> what is going on.

What does the following give you:
dpkg -l ttf\*mincho ttf\*gothic

If there's no "ii" in there then you don't have the fonts installed.  If
you have the kochi or sazanami or other fonts, then there are other
problems...  But installing one of each of these fonts fixed my issue.

-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/