icon cache question

Hi list,

I have a (maybe naive) question about the GTK+ icon cache file generation.

I see that update-icon-caches (which is called from the postinst of
packages that use dh_icons during build) regenerates the file(s)
/usr/share/icons/*/icon-theme.cache only for those that already exist.

So what package(s) are responsible for creating those cache files in the
first place?  I have what I believe are all the GTK+ packages, as well
as hicolor-icon-theme, gtk2-engines and gnome-icon-theme, installed in
my Sid chroot. "find /usr/share/icons /var/cache -name icon-theme.cache"
returns nothing.  Nor does "apt-file search icon-theme.cache".
Unfortunately there is no easy way to search postinst files of
not-installed packages, so my apologies if the answer should be obvious.

Please CC me in your answers as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thanks and best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>
WWW: http://www.starplot.org/