RFC: what to split in python-gnome2{,-desktop,-extras}

Hi,

as we regularly hear about how it would be nice to split gnome-python
packages in multiple binary packages, I thought we needed some actual
figures of what package is using what module.

I don’t claim my scripts are 100% accurate, but they show useful data
that I have put on the wiki:
        http://wiki.debian.org/GnomePythonSplitting

The first look shows there is a strong incentive to split
gnome-python-extras between python-gtkhtml2, python-gtkmozembed (huge
libxul dependency), python-egg-trayicon (only requires pygtk) and the
rest. As for python-gnome2 and python-gnome2-desktop, this is more
dubious.

Comments and more in-depth analysis are welcome.
--
 .''`.