Re: Mounting USB disks

Dear Jeremy,

Really thanks for this. It is seems to be the source of the problem.
Removing the file and purging gparted solved my problem.

All the best.
-arief

On 7/3/07, Jeremy R. Fishman < jfishman@bowdoin.edu> wrote:
Do you have the unstable version gparted installed?  If so, and you use
hal (hardware abstraction layer), gparted installs the file
gparted-disable-automount.fdi in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy.  This sets
the volume.ignore hal flag on all devices that are hotpluggable.

This was a very annoying problem to pinpoint, but it's not really a bug.
  gparted just doesn't tell you about it.

simply removing the file and restarting hal makes automount work, but
this may not be advisable.  Personally, I removed and purged the gparted
package, since I don't really need it.

Think I'm going to file a bug or something with gparted, since this is a
very drastic decision to make as default configuration.

   - Jeremy