Re: Default Gnome theme

Hi,

 Thankyou for the link. It helped me for my need. But I have some doubt regarding this.
Instead of creating another file name gconf-defaults, I added the following lines in the postinst script under the debian folder,

gconftool-2 --type string   --set  /desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_theme BossBlue
gconftool-2 --type string   --set  /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme gnome
gconftool-2 --type string   --set  /apps/metacity/general/theme BossBlue

But the problem is, when I excuted the above commands at the shell prompt, it worked fine, but next time when I tried with another theme name, then it started displaying the error message like,

Can't overwrite existing read-only value: Can't overwrite existing read-only value: Value for `/apps/metacity/general/theme' set in a read-only source at the front of your configuration path

This may be because I dint add any option like
--config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory
but, this will update the default gnome values in /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory file  but not in the /root/.gconf/desktop/gnome/interface/. Then will it be helpful if I change only in the gconf.xml.manadatory file.

And for this the command that I would use will be something like  gconftool-2 --direct   --config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory   --type string   --set /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme gnomegtk_theme BossBlue

So,

1) Am I following the correct procedure?
2) If I edit the /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory file alone, then will it be helpful?

Thankyou
Indraveni

Ariszló <ariszlo@gmail.com> wrote:
This might help: