More information on GNOME for the Release Notes

[ Please CC me, I'm not subscribed ]

Hi guys,

Besides my last mail related to GNOME upgrade known issues I would like to
know if we could improve a little bit the Release Notes information related
to the GNOME in etch (just to appease people wondering why 2.16 is not
present and what features have been backported [0]).

Currently, in the release notes "What's new in the distribution?" (at
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html#s-newdistro)
there's a footnote saying that GNOME 2.14 is provided with "some modules of
2.16" [1]

I took this info from the wiki's "NewInEtch" page [2], can anyone tell me
precisely which modules are exactly provided from 2.16?

OTOH, I've seen in the wiki [3] that you though on documenting the upgrade
and desktop install for GNOME. Has any of this documentation work been done?
I was thinking it would be good to either include it in the RN (if upgrade
related) or link to it (if install related). Anyone?

I would really like to have a "What's new in GNOME" section in the Release
Notes, as this is our default Desktop Environment but right now I don't have
enough information (just joss' answer to my e-mail) to write such a section.
Anyone care to provide a few paragraphs for the Release Notes?

Thanks

Javier

[0] From what I've seen in lwn.net's comments, Debian user mailing lists,
slashdot and barrapunto (the spanish version of slashdot) it looks like a
recurring comment.

[1]
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/footnotes.en.html#f2

[2] http://wiki.debian.org/NewInEtch