Re: ITP: gnome-orca -- Scriptable screen reader

 (Cc:ing debian-gtk-gnome)

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007, Mario Lang wrote:
> Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org> writes:
> >  I've imported and tagged the unstable version instead; you can commit
> >  whatever changes you had on mentors on top of that.
> >
> >  @Mario: do you want to continue sponsoring, I need to add you to
> >  pkg-gnome as well so that you can tag uploads; do you want to?
>
> First of all, sorry for ignoring this issue for so long, but now,
> time permits me to do more work on GNOME accessibility stuff
> again, and now that I've looked and seen I already have an alioth
> account (mlang) that still works, I'd be interested in
> co-maintaining gnome-orca.  Since I will be using orca on a daily
> basis, I think it would only make sense to have the ability
> to address problems directly, rather then having to go via
> the BTS.  Could you add me to the alioth
> users group that is required for orca and give me a very quick
> primer on how to checkout and behave in the svn managed team
> appropriately?  I am pretty new to the GNOME team per se.

 I've added you to pkg-gnome so that you can work on gnome-orca;
 welcome!

 We should have more documentation on simple rules we follow in
 pkg-gnome, but the working process is based on quite standard
 svn-buildpackage usage, in mergeWithUpstream mode.  Basically, "svn co"
 to retrieve a working copy of the package dir at:
    svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-gnome/desktop/unstable/gnome-orca
 "svn-buildpackage" to build it, "svn-buildpackage --svn-tag-only" to
 tag the committed revision when you've done the final build.

 Subscribe to the pkg-gnome-maintainers@ list on alioth if you want to
 get all PTS for all packages, and to -commits for the commits.

 There are a lot of people on #gnome-debian on GIMPNet (irc.gimp.org) to
 help with uncommon tasks or to answer questions (me included).

 If you want to prepare gnome-orca 2.19, you do not need to wait for the
 API freeze as it doesn't export an API (AFAIK), so you can start by "svn
 cp"ing desktop/unstable/gnome-orca right now to desktop/experimental,
 but make sure you don't forget to commit fixes to both branches.  When
 the time comes, you will "svn mv" the experimental branch to unstable.
 You can use the "check-dist" makefile to avoid erroneous uploads to
 unstable of the experimental branch.

   Good luck,

--
Loïc Minier