Re: Bugs in default GNOME etch?

Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> writes:
> 2) the Debian menu requires xpm icons [2] and in fact only 4 packages
>    have icons in the png format (ekiga, evince, gimp, gnomemeeting),

To be fair, the .png icon referenced by the evince menu file doesn't
exist...

> 4) evince doesn't appear by default on the GNOME Applications list (it
>    happened on three different installations).  Maybe it's not the
>    only one, but I cannot find any others.

That is intentional, as evince is not intended to be invoked
directly. Other applications (such as browsers, nautilus) can and will
open files in evince when the user is trying to see a
PDF/PS/DjVu/DVI/... file.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
2: objektorientiert