Re: Using gconftool-2 for another user...

Le lundi 04 décembre 2006 à 11:43 +0100, David BERCOT a écrit :
> I've tried --config-source=/home/$user/.gconf and it says :
>
> # gconftool-2 --config-source=/home/david.bercot/.gconf --get
> "/apps/evolution/mail/accounts"
> L'accès a(ux) source(s) de configuration a échoué : Impossible de
> résoudre l'adresse de la source de configuration: Impossible de résoudre
> l'adresse de la source de configuration: Adresse incorrecte
> « /home/david.bercot/.gconf »

The correct config source would be "xml::/home/$user/.gconf".

> >  If you wish to set settings for all users, you should write them as
> >  root into /etc/gconf instead, see /etc/gconf/2/path.
>
> Yes, it would be a good solution. But if a user has the same key, which
> one will  be the last : the /etc/gconf one or the /home/$user/.gconf
> one ?

This is all your choice. You can set default settings or mandatory
settings. The simplest way to do that is to launch gconf-editor as root.
It can open you "defaults" and "mandatory" settings windows.

--
Josselin Mouette                /\./\

"Do you have any more insane proposals for me?"