Re: [G-I] testresults using new gtk2-engines udeb

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006, Frans Pop wrote:
> OK. If there is no acceptable way to turn them off, I guess we'll have to
> live with them. It's mostly that I'd like to avoid unnecessary BRs from
> users who see the errors and also give really meaningful errors a chance
> of actually being seen...

 Understood.  The clean way would to turn them off conditionally, for
 example only for g-i.  Sample possible ways:
 - gtk/dfb:
   . build gtk one more time for g-i (curently, the directfb build is used
     both for regular *.debs and for the udeb)
   . add a buildtime condition in a patch for gtk which only affects the
     g-i build
 - gtk/dfb + g-i:
   . add a runtime condition in a patch for gtk which turns off warnings
     when a certain condition is met (environment var, file...)
   . meet that condition in g-i
 - gtk2-engines:
   . add a buildtime condition in a patch for gtk2-engines which only
     affects the g-i build
   . add a log handler to filter out these events in the patch

 But let us explore the backport of gtk2-engines 2.8 first.  :-P

> BTW, are these messages also written to a logfile somewhere?

 No.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>