Re: Deciding what gconf defaults to install at postinst

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> The specific usage would be for gksu to determine whether it should use
> su or sudo as default backend. Would an alternative (for
> update-alternatives) for the schema file do fine, or that seems broken?

 Gedit has a list of charsets to try when it loads a file
 (/apps/gedit-2/preferences/encodings/auto_detected), for example:
 [UTF-8,CURRENT,ISO-8859-15] means to try Utf-8, then the encoding of
 the locale (might be Utf-8 or -16 and fail), then ISO.
   I suggest you use a list of backends as the configuration item
 instead of one backend: [sudo,su].  People can still force su or sudo
 via Gconf, and they can even change the order or preference without
 rebuilding the package.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>