Re: Please reschedule libgnomesu 0.9.5-3 on ARM

Loïc Minier <lool+debian@via.ecp.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2006, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> and therefore makes the whole thing uninstallable on all
>> not yet built architectures on every upload.

> Ah you too find it depressing?

;-)

>> Dear gnome-maintainers I think I cannot do this. I have now seen
>> libgnomesu FTBFS on arm three times in row during two months due to
>> some temporary breakage. Could you please advise me what I can do to
>> get libgnomesu built on ARM?

> This is not a problem of the GNOME maintainers, it happens with all
> arch: all / arch: any combo.

I did not intend to blame this on the Gnome maintainers, I just hoped
you were accustomed to the problem and could give a hint.

> The real problem is in the archive software which does not keep all
> versions of arch: all packages still referenced by some binary package.

Iirc I read something about the fact that this might change. (or did it
only talk about keeping library versions in testing?)

On a sidenote: Is the strict dependency in libbonoboui really needed?
Would something like
- Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, libbonoboui2-common (= ${source:Version})
+ Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, libbonoboui2-common (<= ${source:Version}),  libbonoboui2-common (<< ${source:Upstream-Version}-z)

work? Just asking, I do not know how tight the connection is.

[more pain snipped]
> No.  If you're a Debian Developper, you can build stuff yourself and
> bin NMU it to Debian.  I'm not sure the arm buildd admins would like
> it, but you might help unlock some problems.
[...]

I probably would, if I had an ARM machine. However I don't and do not think
asking debian-admin to install the b-d is going to help, as they are
uninstallable.

Thanks for your comments, cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute