Re: Deciding what gconf defaults to install at postinst

Le mardi 22 août 2006 à 23:53 -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I may need to provide a default gconf setting for my package based on a
> debconf setting. Any suggestions on how to do such a thing? Is anyone
> doing it?
>
> The specific usage would be for gksu to determine whether it should use
> su or sudo as default backend. Would an alternative (for
> update-alternatives) for the schema file do fine, or that seems broken?

I think you shouldn't use debconf for that. The default should be to use
the sudo backend if sudo is installed, su otherwise. In all cases that
can be done with an alternative or a diversion on the *defaults* file.
You should not modify the schema file anyway, only use a defaults file
in /use/share/gconf/defaults.