Re: Cutting down GNOME 1 packages

(from my new email address....)

Bart Martens wrote:
>Nathanael, are there worthy replacements for these packages using the
>new gnome libraries? If not yet, then I would like to keep these
>packages generated for now.

Well, let's see.

libgnome2-print-perl should be a worthy replacement for libgnome-print-perl.
That was simple.

libgtk2-html2-perl is clearly planned to be the replacement for libgtkhtml-perl,
but it's currently only in experimental, at version 0.04-1.  So I guess it's not
ready yet.  And it appears not to have been touched in nearly two years upstream.
:-(

(Incidentally, I am impressed at the list of well-maintained packages Marc 'HE'
Brockschmidt has.)

The popcon count on libgtkhtml-perl is 5 installations, 2 votes (votes meaning the
package was actually used recently).  These are the lowest numbers of the packages
generated from libgtk-perl source.

If you still want to keep generating that package, kudos to you, but please consider
adopting gtkhtml if you do so.  And possibly libcapplet as well.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Theocracy, fascism, or absolute monarchy -- I don't care which it is, I don't like it.