Re: Integration of the DFB backend into current GTK+ 2.8.17 sources

Josselin Mouette wrote:
Le vendredi 26 mai 2006 à 10:01 +0200, Attilio Fiandrotti a écrit :

Hi all

I'm writing to you just to know if the patch i wrote [1] to add a DFB backend to GTK+ 2.8.17 is appliable to current debian 2.8.17 GTK+ sources.

Sorry for not answering earlier, but I've been exhausted these days. I
hope I'll have a chance to look into it this weekend, and will tell you
more about it.

ah, ok, no problem: i was just worrying you and sebastien missed my post on debian-gtk-gnome as i did not cc'ed you.

I support this patch requires newer directfb and cairo packages, are
these packages available somewhere?

DirectFB 0.9.24 is already packaged as binary udeb, reular deb and development dev packaged. Right now, cairo is the real problem: currently its official maintainer, dave beckett is busy and i doubt he'll be able to provide us a binary deb compiled against DFB 0.9.24. Historycally, the g-i has used a different package provided by frans pop, but i can provide you support in CairoDFB building and a wiki page [1] that explains the building process of GTKDFB libraries (and related stack of libraries GTK depends from) is available.
I'll mail dave beckett explaining him what we need.

ciao

Attilio