Compiling GTK code examples

Hello,

I'm using Debian Sarge with 2.6.8-2-386 linux kernel. I'm trying to use the GTK+ examples that appear in: http://www.linuxheadquarters.com/howto/programming/gtk_examples/index.shtml

I just can't manage to compile them, although I think I have installed everything that seems to be available on the Debian distribution to suport GTK.

For instance, when I do:

gcc -Wall -g text.c -o text `gtk-config --cflags` `gtk-config --libs`

The compiler doesn't find the include files, although they seem to be installed in /usr/include/glib-2.0, and gtk-config doesn't seem to be part of the Debian distribution.

Is there any other way for installing GTK on Debian?

Thank's for helping.

José Rogado