Re: Bug with Nautilus and question about "Maximization"

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm French, so, sorry for my bad English...
> >>
> >You are excused. Your English is horrible!
> >LOL. just kidding. We don't care if you write bad English for as long
> >as the message you are trying to communicate can actually be
> >understood. Unlike some French men I know of course...
> >
> >>I hope I am on the right list...
> >>I have already posted on debian-user-french but I had no answer, so, I
> >>try again, here ;-)
> >>
> >>First of all, I have a problem with Nautilus when I navigate on Windows
> >>networks. Nautilus shows me the network, the machines, the shares, then,
> >>directories and files. But, when I want to open a file on a share, I
> >>have an error like :
> >>"Impossible d'ouvrir
> >>« /home/david.bercot/smb://sces1-ac-nantes/Public/J-Y/IMG_0003.JPG » en
> >>lecture : Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type"
> >>The problem, for the application (here, the Gimp), is that, instead of
> >>trying to open smb://sces1-ac-nantes/Public/J-Y/IMG_0003.JPG, it
> >>tries /home/david.bercot/smb://sces1-ac-nantes/Public/J-Y/IMG_0003.JPG
> >
> >My wildest guess is that The Gimp doesn't support gnome-vfs. Why don't
> >you drag and drop the file from the smb;// window into a local folder,
> >say CTRL+L and type /tmp. Then double click on the image once is on
> >the /tmp directory? That should always work no matter which
> >application you use.
> >
> I don't think this problem is GIMP specific, I had this problem trying
> to open an OpenOffice files.
> For your workaround, of course it's working, but if we use Samba, it's
> to share data between several machine not to have a local copy on each one.

Of course, it is the same with every application (Gimp, showFoto, etc...). If I use smb4k (for exemple) to mount a smb ressource,
everything is ok. But I'd like to be able to use directly Nautilus...
This is not for a specified file, but for everything I do on my network.

> Michel

David.