Re: Nautilus 2.10.1 extremely slow

%% Johannes Rohr <jorohr@gmail.com> writes:

  jr> nautilus 2.10.1 has suddenly started to be extremely slow. Opening any
  jr> folder takes at least thirty seconds. During that time, CPU load is
  jr> low. So it seems as nautilus is blocked by/waiting for something.

  jr> Is anybody else observing the same? Any ideas as to what to do?

In my experience, when apps like this are very slow and the CPU load is
minimal, it usually means your network configuration is not correct.
For example, your /etc/hosts file doesn't contain an entry for your
hostname and/or an entry for the "localhost" alias.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortel.com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools