libgda/libgnomedb 1.2 transition

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on the transition of the gnome-db libraries to
their newer versions.

At first, I had thought on renaming the packages in order to allow the
installation of the newer version along with the older one. However,
some things are making me wonder if this was the right choice:

* The long time the new libgda2-3 source package is already
  sitting in NEW

* Some file conflicts I haven't noticed before, and are very hard to
  fix.

* The Anthony Towns mail about unecessary changes on package names[1].

So, I'm thinking on ask ftp-masters to reject the libgda2-3 upload and
doing something like the b option on aj's mail.

Comments, suggestions and experiences would be good.

Thanks.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/01/msg00666.html

--
Gustavo R. Montesino