Re: Uploading new gnome-mag and gnopernicus to unstable

Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> writes:

> Sometime ago I was asked for the new gnome-mag package so that a new
> version of gnopernicus would be uploaded. Problem was it changed soname,
> so I end up f*cking the unstable version of gnopernicus. I then fixed
> the problem with an epoch'ed version and prepared the new upload with
> the name change for experimental so it would go through NEW.
>
> Now it's there since some small amount of time and the GNOME Team is
> preparing some more soname shifts, so I would like to propose that we
> coordinate into putting the new gnome-mag and gnopernicus packages into
> unstable.
>
> What do you say?

I'd be all for it.  Gnopernicus 0.9.19 is now in experimental compiled
against the new gnome-mag since some days.  All the really important
backports (BrlAPI related) are done, tested, and work.  One user even
reports[1] that the version of gnopernicus in testing/unstable (0.8.4)
does not work for him at all, while the new version from experimental does.
I can not reproduce this, but I guess it might be related to the fact that
gnopernicus 0.8.4 is really for the GNOME 2.6 branch.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-accessibility/2005/01/msg00000.html
--
CYa,
  Mario