Re: How to automount a memory card?

Sam Morris ha scritto:

>>> If you want the partitions to be automounted, the devices should be
>>> created with the "hal" group.
>>

>> I'v added to te file /etc/udev/rules.d/020_permissions.rules the lines:
>> ----------------------
>> ## MMC devices
>> BUS=="mmc", KERNEL=="mmcblk*", GROUP="hal"
>> ----------------------
>> and now I get:
>> brw-rw----  1 root hal 254, 0 2005-11-06 18:00 /dev/mmcblk0
>> brw-rw----  1 root hal 254, 1 2005-11-06 18:00 /dev/mmcblk0p1
>> exactly the same as my pendrive:
>> brw-r-----  1 root hal 8, 0 2005-11-06 18:00 /dev/sda
>> brw-r-----  1 root hal 8, 1 2005-11-06 18:00 /dev/sda1
>>  that is regularly mounted
>>
>> but still the MMC doens't get mounted!
>>
>> What more must I do to get the card mounted?
>

> What happens when you 'pmount -d /dev/mmcblk0p1'?

To manually mount the device, I've added an entry to fstab, so I get the
following messages:
salvi@asus:~$ pmount -d /dev/mmcblk0p1
resolved /dev/mmcblk0p1 to device /dev/mmcblk0p1
device /dev/mmcblk0p1 handled by fstab, calling mount

and the device regualrly appears on the desktop.

If I delete the device form /etc/fstab the result is:

salvi@asus:~$ pmount -d /dev/mmcblk0p1
resolved /dev/mmcblk0p1 to device /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount point to be used: /media/mmcblk0p1
no iocharset given, current locale encoding is ISO-8859-15
Cleaning lock directory /var/lock/pmount/_dev_mmcblk0p1
device_whitelist: checking /etc/pmount.allow...
device_whitlisted(): nothing matched, returning 0
find_sysfs_device: looking for sysfs directory for device 254:1
find_sysfs_device: checking whether /dev/mmcblk0p1 is on
/sys/block/mmcblk0 (254:0)
find_sysfs_device: major device numbers matchfind_sysfs_device: minor
device numbers do not match, checking partitions...find_sysfs_device:
checking whether device /dev/mmcblk0p1 matches partition 254:0
find_sysfs_device: checking whether device /dev/mmcblk0p1 matches
partition 254:1
find_sysfs_device: -> partition matches, belongs to block device
/sys/block/mmcblk0
device_removable: corresponding block device for /dev/mmcblk0p1 is
/sys/block/mmcblk0
get_blockdev_attr: value of /sys/block/mmcblk0/removable == 0
Errore: il dispositivo /dev/mmcblk0p1 non è rimovibile
policy check failed

and the device is not mounted.

I noticed that pmount reports that the device is not removable (that is
incorrect). How can I mark it removable?

Why, when the device is in fstab and pmount succedes it doesn't get
automounted?

Thank you again
	Stefano Salvi