Re: Shipping static libraries

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Loïc Minier wrote:

> 3/ static gtk seemed unusable back then

A whole lot of years back, when I tried to statically link a gnome 1.4
application (back then it was still on redhat, before I discovered the
joy that was debian), it did not even link at all since the dynamically
generated Corba code had conflicting symbols (which I very much doubt
has changed since then).

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."