Re: Trash not showing files

There is a patch for 2.6.12 kernels to include inotify support, however, if i were you i'd simply get a 2.6.13 kernel and try that instead.

At the same time, gamin in Debian is compiled without inotify support, defaulting to the (buggy) old dnotify+polling.

My guess is that Gamin is not talking to Nautilus properly therefore Nautilus assumes the Trash is in whatever state Gamin tells it to be. But this is just a guess. To be sure you could run Gamin in debug mode and watch the logs (see the man pages or look for more in the mailing list debian-gtk-gnome archives. Of course, you first need to be sure that Gamin is actually running at all (see your process list with: ps aux | grep ${USER}).

P.S. please always reply to the list, that way other people can be benefit from these discussions. And i do read the list, so, there is no need to include me in the message destination addresses.

On 9/17/05, Ruben Porras <nahoo82@telefonica.net > wrote:
El vie, 16-09-2005 a las 21:44 -0400, Luis M escribió:
> You didn't say what version of Nautilus you are using... Is it the
> version in Sarge? What kernel are you using? what version of
> FAM/Gamin? Is your kernel compield with inotify support and you are
> using Gamin on Sarge?

I'm using gamin in Sid with Debian's 2.6.12 linux kernel.

> # with trash full showing
>
> 1. open terminal
> 2. rm -fr ~/.Trash/*
>
> # trash icon shows as empty on my desktop
>
> 3. touch ~/.Trash/test
>
> # trash icon is full again

In my case is shown always empty, even if there are files under ~/.Trash
before login. I've reached the conclusion that the culprit is encfs, but
I don't know the internals of gnome, so I don't know what makes the view
of the Trash special for nautilus. Going to ~/.Trash manually with
nautilus works as expected.

--
Luis M

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" -- Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html