Re: Esound versus Alsa versus GStreamer versus GNOME versus 2.6 versus ...

Hey,

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 13:42 +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
> I'd like some input from people using non-OSS/ALSA/esound audiosinks,
> eventually from people not using GNOME, so I might post this as a more
> general question.  In particular, I'm interested in knowing if any
> particular configuration changes are needed, and what packages need to
> be changed.

I'm on sid and I have switched to Lennart's beloved Polypaudio sometime
ago. Well, I'm somewhat happy with it AFAICT. It seems to be 100%
compatible with esd, resolves some bugs introduced by esd but introduces
some new ones.

Apparently gstreamer0.8-polypaudio sink doesn't seem to work at all, so
I'm running the esd compatibility. Even so, it seems to do a far better
job at keeping video in sync with audio.

Thanks for spotting out my favorite nightmare :)
--
.O.
..O   Enver ALTIN                   |   http://skyblue.gen.tr/