Re: Gnome prevent windows to go over screen top
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Gnome prevent windows to go over screen top
- From: Rob Adams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:35:24 -0700
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In metacity, if you have a window which is too tall, metacity will let
you Alt-move it off the top if the window has a min-size hint that
indicates that even the minimum size is too tall. The evo prefs dialog
is non-resizable, so should metacity will let you move it off the top if
your work area (the space in between your panels) is too narrow.
On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 21:52 +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 13:41 +0200, Paolo Pantaleo wrote:
> > A in subject, when moving a window in Gnome the title bar of the
> > window canot go out of the screen going over the top of the screen.
> > This is quite a big problem when using low res (800x600), since a lot
> > of windows are taller than 600 pixel, and many of them cannot be
> > resized.
> > KDE do not have this problem, since windows can move freely.
> > Is there a way to fix this in Gnome?
> It's a limitation of Metacity, the GNOME window manager.