Re: Desktop bottom margin

Any window that sets a _NET_WM_STRUT hint with the correct size and position will cause metacity to put a "margin" at the bottom, similar to the way it works for the gnome panel and other panel programs.

One trick you could do is make a panel on the bottom, then use the properties dialog to make it very very small horizontally. This will make maximized windows not fill that area, but you'll still be able to put other windows there.

-Rob

Enver ALTIN wrote:

Hey,