Re: General inestability running gtk applications...

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 11:38 +0200, Javier Ruiz Hidalgo wrote:

>   Recently I'm experiencing some weird problems running GTK
> applications on my debian sid box. Specially applications such as
> epiphany, liferea and synaptic crash randomly after some minutes of
> use (and they crash more often if the machine is on heavy load such as
> compiling the kernel).

I may be experiencing the same with galeon and evolution, it's usually a
matter of hours instead of minutes though.

> Program received signal SIG33, Real-time event 33.

This may be a harmless signal handled by the application, in which case
you should be able to continue with the gdb commands

handle SIG33 nostop (to avoid stopping execution on such signals)
continue

> The weird thing is that when I try to run 'gdb epiphany' with the
> libc6-dbg libraries (I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib/debug) it does
> not crash.... :-?

You mean not like above, or not at all? If the latter (and they also
don't crash when run against libc6-dbg but outside of gdb), that might
indicate a compiler optimization issue...