Re: Bug with Nautilus and question about "Maximization"

> Bonjour David,
>
> svp lu ci-dessous...
>
> On 7/26/05, David BERCOT <david.bercot@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm French, so, sorry for my bad English...
>
> You are excused. Your English is horrible!
> LOL. just kidding. We don't care if you write bad English for as long
> as the message you are trying to communicate can actually be
> understood. Unlike some French men I know of course...

Cool. But I'm not sure everything I said is understood ;-)

> > I hope I am on the right list...
> > I have already posted on debian-user-french but I had no answer, so, I
> > try again, here ;-)
> >
> > First of all, I have a problem with Nautilus when I navigate on Windows
> > networks. Nautilus shows me the network, the machines, the shares, then,
> > directories and files. But, when I want to open a file on a share, I
> > have an error like :
> > "Impossible d'ouvrir
> > « /home/david.bercot/smb://sces1-ac-nantes/Public/J-Y/IMG_0003.JPG » en
> > lecture : Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type"
> > The problem, for the application (here, the Gimp), is that, instead of
> > trying to open smb://sces1-ac-nantes/Public/J-Y/IMG_0003.JPG, it
> > tries /home/david.bercot/smb://sces1-ac-nantes/Public/J-Y/IMG_0003.JPG
>
> My wildest guess is that The Gimp doesn't support gnome-vfs. Why don't
> you drag and drop the file from the smb;// window into a local folder,
> say CTRL+L and type /tmp. Then double click on the image once is on
> the /tmp directory? That should always work no matter which
> application you use.
>
> The other solution would be, of course, to add gnome-vfs support to
> the Gimp and submit the patch upstream so that none of us have to work
> around its shortcomings ;-)

Are there a lot of applications which do not support gnome-vfs ?

> > Do you know how I can resolve this ?
> >
> > I have also a little question : when I click on a shortcut, I'd like the
> > Window to be maximized immediatly (without doing anything)... I could
> > not find how I can do this...
>
> I'd let a wiser person answer this one as I have NO idea. My guess is
> that if you do: cd /tmp && apt-get source metacity ... wait ... and cd
> metacity<TAB> then read from the src directory, you might find your
> answer... (or you might not).

I think it is surprising not to have a fonctionnality like : right click
on the shortcut, properties, open with maximization (like on Windows)...

> Never doubt the power of the [source]. Use the [source] David...

Thank you.

David.