Moderation of pkg-gnome-maintainers

        Hi,

 I'm currently moderating regularly the pkg-gnome-maintainers (under
 other).  This is a short summary of how I do it, in case you wonder why
 some mail never reacehd the list.

 1/ moderation tool

 I'm using the web interface of Mailman on the alioth site to do the
 moderation.  I poll it regularly since I don't get any notice of
 pending mails to moderate.

 The list of messages to moderate is presented in the "pending
 administrative requests" page, and offers a list of possible actions on
 presented messages with the following information:
 - reason of request
 - subject of message
 - headers and beginning of message

 2/ moderation criteria

 Until now, I saw messages waiting in the moderation pool for the
 following reasons:
 - strange header
 - message too big
 - too many recipients

 I've configured the header X-Spam-Level: \*\*\* to be a filtering
 criteria, messages of SpamAssassin Spam Level >= 3.0 will be moderated.

 I've raised the message size limit from the default or 40 KB to 60.

 3/ moderation decision

 In the suspicious header case, I read the subject of the message, and
 when it isn't enough I read headers and the beginning of the message to
 decide whether this is spam.  It usually is, and is discarded, when it
 isn't I accept the message.

 When the message is too big, I would like to strip the message of big
 attachments or superfluous text, replaced by an administrative note.  I
 can only do this if I receive a copy of the message, and this is not
 the case by default.  In the past, I sent a copy of the message to my
 mail address to strip the parts as explained, but these forwards didn't
 reach me for a while now, so I've given up this technique.  These
 messages are discarded too.

 Finally, in the case too many recipients are listed, I double-clech
 whether the body is spam or not and take a decision accordingly.

 I hope the above is clear, let me know if I can improve the process or
 if I should clarify some parts.

   Bye,

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
"Neutral President: I have no strong feelings one way or the other."