Re: what happened to applications:/// ?

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 02:29:22PM -0700, Igor Pruchanskiy wrote:
> In GNOME 2.x i used to be able to hit Ctrl+L
> Type in "applications:///" and that would take me
> to the "menu editor"
>
> It does not seem to exist in GNOME 2.10 anymore...
> Is that a bug or a feature?

I think it's a feature. :)
I ported menu-editor[1] back to Python 2.3 and make a deb package. You
can get it at http://chinese.alioth.debian.org/menueditor/. Since this
application isn't very mature, you'd better to read and search in its
forum[2].

> Also, i am missing a Trash Can applet, is it going to be
> added later?

Please retrieve two deb files, gnome-applets and gnome-applets-data,
from http://pkg-gnome.alioth.debian.org/debian/pool/g/gnome-applets/.
And then, install them by dpkg. It seems that pkg-gnome's Packages.gz
wasn't updated.

[1] http://dev.realistanew.com/menu-editor/
[2] http://www.ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=67

--