Re: How can I remove everything gnome/gtk and start afresh?

Michael Banck wrote:

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 01:10:06PM +0000, Robert McQueen wrote:
To remove all GNOME components, "apt-get remove --purge" a package which almost all of them depend on, such as libgtk2.0-0, or even more aggressively, libglib2.0-0, and then apt will also offer to remove everything else that depends on these packages.

Alternatively, use an apt frontend like aptitude which can display
packages based on section, and deinstall all packages in the 'gnome'
section.

Michael

Thanks.

I'll probably stick with cli apt.

Also I'm pretty sure that gtk was corrupted (bad or missing config files/components) and I have a feeling that just removing all packages in the gnome section might not suffice.