Nautilus won't eject Zip drive

Dear all

My Sarge system (brand new install) has an ATAPI IOMEGA Zip100 drive
built in. I'm running the stock 2.6.10-1-k7-4 kernel from unstable. I
manually load the ide-floppy module via /etc/modules and have manually
added the following entry to /etc/fstab:

/dev/hdb4       /media/zip      vfat    rw,user,noauto  0       0

The device nodes are automatically handled by udev which works fine. I
manually created the mount point /media/zip though. Also, I have fam
installed (probably unrelated).

The device shows up ok in 'Computer' as 'Zip Drive' and gets mounted
when double-clicking. Reading and writing the drive both work fine.

Where it all goes pear-shaped is when I go '<right-mouse-click>->Eject'.
The media isn't ejected and I get an error message saying 'Unable to
eject media' and opening up 'Show more details' reveals the reason
'eject: unable to open /dev/hdb4'.

mount shows that the device did indeed get unmounted ok. Only the eject
failed which is not surprising as eject expects a device and not a
partition as argument. So nautilus should really use 'eject /dev/hdb'
rather than 'eject /dev/hdb4' which apparently it does.

I'm running nautilus 2.8.2-2.

Ejecting works fine for my DVD drive.

Before I turn this into a bug report I thought I seek your feedback
first. Maybe I'm doing something wrong that keeps nautilus from doing
the right thing.

Cheers
Andree
--