LD_PRELOAD in .gnomerc doesn't work?

Hi,

I'm trying to get tsocks working for Gossip so that I can work around
a broken HTTP proxy setup. tsocks uses a LD_PRELOAD trick to fool
applications into going through a SOCKS proxy seamlessly.

My problem is that if I export LD_PRELOAD in .gnomerc it does not get
propagated even though exporting other environment variables seems to
work fine. For instance, with the following in .gnomerc

  export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libtsocks.so
  export HELLO=hello

the output from env in a terminal has the HELLO=hello variable but not
the LD_PRELOAD variable? Anyone got a suggestion or hint of what might
be wrong?

I'm using GDM with a standard GNOME desktop from unstable. I've tried
grepping the sources of a couple of GNOME modules with no luck.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~olau/