Re: Problem changing desktop background

Pedro Corte-Real wrote:
> I haven't been able to determine when it happens, but sometimes I'm not
> able to change the desktop background. Has anyone seen this as well?

Are you able to change themes through gnome-theme-manager ?
Backgrounds, GTK+ themes, icon themes, this sometimes happens to me
and killing gnome-settings-daemon brings back things in order; like it
had lost its gconf connection.  Same things also happens with metacity
themes, in that case killing metacity is the "solution".

I'm no theme freak and I didn't change my desktop backgrounds for two
years so this hadn't been high on my priority list (I once looked in
GNOME bugzilla but found nothing sensible and had no time to report a
detailed bug myself).

Regards,

        Frederic