Re: Thanks for a smooth 2.6 to 2.8 transistion

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 02:35:24PM +0100, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 01:58:13PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 01:28:44PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > It would be easier if the adduser package would include a little
> > > script or something to handle that.
> >
> > However, that's off-topic here; so let's either follow-up somewhere else
> > or let this sub-thread die, OK?
>
> However, I really would like a way in gdm to specify a number of groups
> to be added to the person logged through the console, and for those
> only. I know this is far from bulletproof (somebody logged once can keep
> the device forever), but it would be practical.

Well, sure, but there is nothing debian-gtk-gnome can do about it I
guess. Neither gdm, nor shadow, pam or any other related package is
under the control of the Debian GNOME team.

If you have a good plan about this, bring it up on debian-devel or talk
to the respective maintainers directly.

cheers,

Michael

--