Re: Re: GDM - Font Size

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 17:44 +0000, João Batista wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I forgot where I've found this, but it seems there is a simple solution.
> I'm using SuSE 8.2, so Your Mileage May Vary... Anyway:
>
> Looking into one GTK+ theme from Gnome2, specifically ThinIce
> (/opt/gnome2/share/themes/ThinIce/gtk-2.0/gtkrc), I found a commented line,
>
>    font_name = "Sans 10"
>
> I've created a new style, and included this line with a higher font
> size. It solved the problem for me. Here is my proposal:
>
> style "default" {
>    font_name = "Sans 12"
> } class "GtkWidget" style "default"
>
> Hope this helps.

Which Gtk+ theme does GDM use by default?  I didn't see anything in
gdm.conf that says anything about the widget theme - only the
gdm-specific theme.  Since it isn't running as root, /root/.gtkrc
doesn't make sense, and user gdm doesn't have a $HOME.  So, where are
you proposing to place this new style?

Thanks,
-Jonathan