Re: viewing images over a nautilus ftp:// url ...

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 22:28 +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> I recently discovered that nautilus can do ftp:// and probably other kind of
> URLs, which is rather nice. I can in this way copy files easily from one
> machine to the other. I tried then to open a bunch of jpeg files in gthumb,
> and noticed that i failed to do that, and after closer examination, even the
> thumbnails don't show up, nor did eog seems to work.
>
> Is this a bug, something strange in my configuration, or a known problem or
> even a feature ?

Thumbnails not showing for remote methods is a feature, go to the
nautilus preferences dialog and click the preview tab if you want
thumbnails to be created for remote files.  Although it isn't a good
idea if you browse files which aren't on your lan.

eog and gthumb should open the files just fine, although I've not tried
ftp, only ssh, smb, http.

David

--
Make your website SCREEM - Site Creating & Editing EnvironMent

Mail: david@screem.org