Re: Type-to-search in gtk fileselector?

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 06:10:31PM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> > > Sorry. In open dialog you can type ctrl+l. I don't know about other
> > > features.
> > >

> > Yes, the type-to-search works in ctrl+l popup-thingie, but it should also work in
> > the normal file list.. at least there's no reason why it should not work!
>
> Indeed. Normal people would consider this a bug, but gnome upstream has
> decided to call it a feature. Too bad for us.

I disagree, since it is fixed in gtk+ 2.5. In which case distributions
can add value and backport the fix (like fedora did). It's called "added
value" :)

> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."