Re: GNOME 2.8 on ia64 completely hosed?

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 21:17, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 01:03:59PM -0700, Al Stone wrote:
> > Hmmm.  'apt-get upgrade' this morning seems to have fixed it
> > all -- so it would seem that the autobuilders got caught up.
> > It would sure be nice to fix the underlying problem, though --
> > perhaps, as I think someone already suggested, by having a gate
> > in the process so that the archives are not updated until all
> > of the binary packages from a single source package have rebuilt.
>
> No, that is the wrong fix, the right fix is simply to keep all the arch:all
> packages that have assorted arch:any packages in the archive.

Uh, that would be called "testing".

Or are you suggesting that we implement a new fourth distribution
between testing and unstable, which requires that all arches are built,
but does not require the 2-10 day testing period?  Sounds kinda
over-the-top to me.

-Adam P.

http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg