Re: Upload of GNOME 2.8 to unstable

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 22:04 +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> It could probably be arch: all too, and tasksel modified to check for a 2.6
> kernel, and install it instead of m-g2 in case a 2.6 kernel is detected.

Doesn't this all need to be done at runtime? Isn't it relatively common
for people to have both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels installed? The package
manager wont have a clue which one is actually booted, or which one
would be used most often.... Or am I abnormal?

Or is this all just to get a sane default install?