Re: Evolution migration hang

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 17:48 -0400, Michael Hill wrote:
> My Evolution upgrade beyond 1.4 has never survived the migration
> procedure. Evo 2.0.2 is no exception: it hangs at `addressbook_migrate
> (1.4.0)' displaying the progress bar labeled "Migrating
> `home_evolution_Directories'". I've seen numerous posts seemingly
> referring to the same issue, but no solutions. Can this be fixed, or is
> it back to 1.4 for good?

Addressbook format is not changed from 1.4 and 2.0, so binary files are
100% compatible.

Move your ~/evolution/addressbook/*.db files to somewhere else, force
the migration (it will not migrate the addressbook), fire-up 2.0, create
a new addressbook and overwrite your old
~/.evolution/addressbook/some_new_addressbook.db with your old .db file.
It is supposed to work.

Enjoy,
--
Enver ALTIN                   |        http://skyblue.gen.tr/