Re: strange nautilus eject problem

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:03:48 -0500, Charles Henderson <dg@bellcore.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 15:25 -0400, Luis M wrote:
>   It is a CD.  If it were not a CD, the option would be unmount rather
> than eject in nautilus.

Good. I guess that at this point the only thing left for you would be
to try to strace nautilus and see what is it calling when you hit
eject... I have no idea how to do this or if it's possible. You might
need to recompile nautilus with all debugging symbols in it (since
debian packages have them stripped).

Just out of curiosity, what mirror did you get your debian packages
from? I use US mirrors (http://ftp.us.debian.org) for experimental and
everything works fine. Could you try getting just nautilus from this
mirror and install this one instead (or perhaps purge the current
version and install it using the one from the US mirror).

Good luck.

--
Luis M

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html