Re: how to hide hidden files on desktop with nautilus 2.7?

Hi oli,

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 01:04 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
>
> On Mo, 2004-08-23 at 18:39 -0400, digger vermont wrote:
> > Hello All,
> > 	I've upgraded to nautilus 2.7.4-1 from experimental.  With
> > desktop_is_home_dir set the hidden files and directories are now shown.
> > Is there something I'm missing, perhaps a key I can set to suppress
> > them, or is this a bug?
>
> simply run a:
>
> echo "filename" >> .hidden
>
> on the console in your home for every file you don't want to see.

Thanks for the hint.  The .hidden file looks useful for the odd file or
folder you'd like to hide but a bit unwieldy for the home directory with
hundreds of config files and directories, since it doesn't seem to allow
regrex.  It also operates on the both  desktop_is_home_dir and home
directory itself, rather than individually.

digger